Monday, May 19, 2014

Late to the Party


There are some products that have been hyped up for so long that you actually forget the hype and forget to actually try the product so see if you can add to the hype. This was the case with three drug store base products, that everyone talked about so much that their popularity made them seem "old." These poor, poor products, longing to be released from their current CVS imprisonment. And I was just the lass to post bail. I know I take these things a bit far sometimes, don't judge me. 


L'oreal True Match:
In all fairness this was actually one of the first foundations I ever tried back when I was about 13 and had just started to dabble in the wonderful world of makeup. I really didn't remember much about it so when I picked it up recently I was in for a pleasant surprise. This foundation is awesome! It feels light-weight on the skin and offers a medium coverage that is easily buildable, all the while drying to natural, semi matte finish. I find that it is quite comparable to the Nars Sheer Glow/Matte Foundations, at much more friendly price. Needless to say...it's worth the hype.  

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer:
Everyone, I mean just about everyone says that this is the best under eye concealer from the drugstore. I'd have to disagree. I find that it dries quite powdery and cakey and it also settles into fine lines. Coverage wise it's okay, although I did notice it start to break down after a few hours. In my opinion, it is not worth the hype. I wanted to love it, everyone else loves it. 

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer: 
This is one I've heard quite a few folks form across the pond rave about, so of course I had to try it. Always trust a Brit, always. Most of the time.. This concealer hasn't failed me, yet. It is a sheer coverage that has a bit of an illuminating quality about it; perfect for under the eyes. It is also a perfect everyday concealer when you don't want to wear anything else. I would say it's worth the hype, now I need to try the foundation to go with it!


Here is a photo displaying the True Match foundation and Wake Me Up concealer at work. I think they make the skin look quite nice and natural. I know, I know. I was late to the party, but I'm all in for these products now!  

Let me know if there are any hyped up products you also forgot about!

Xoxo, 
Haley 




2 comments:

  1. Love the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer! It is perfect for underneath the eyes! xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is wonderful! Have you tried the foundation too?

      Delete