Monday, May 26, 2014

Too Pumped Up? A Mascara Review


Who doesn't love a good mascara? It is usually one of the first makeup products a young girl tries and almost every woman wears it at some point in her life. I personally love mascara. So, I test out as many as I can, both high end and drugstore, in hunt for the perfect one. There's a new mascara on the block y'all, Maybelline has recently released their new Volum' Express Pumped Up! Colossal Mascara. I'm not sure the name was long enough, to be honest, they probably could have added even more. *sarcasm* 


Here's the new guy trying to act all cool and like he's better than everyone else. Apparently he adds up to 16x the volume and a double shot of collagen with his super cool new brush. But that's just what he said, you know how new folks like to talk the talk so everyone likes them. 
So I put him to the test. 
Let me start by saying the brush is huge, like the size of my eye huge. Is that supposed to add volume or is there any other logical reason as to why the brush is ginormous? Okay, so brush issue aside, the formula does make your lashes look quite voluminous. Voluminous on the edge of clumpiness. I go over it with a lengthening and separating mascara just to thin out the clumps a bit and finish it off. The mascara it's self stays on the lashes really well, no flakes or smudges. It also comes off easy enough with makeup remover. Over all, I like the mascara, I don't love it. I would not repurchase it, but I am going to use it up. 


And here is the new mascara in action, wonderfully represented in an oddly distorted image. Way to go computer, way to go. 
I hope you all have a fabulous day and let me know if there are any new mascaras you're loving! 

xoxo,
Haley 

No comments:

Post a Comment