Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Spring Trends #1: Orange Lips


Is it spring yet?! This has been the longest/coldest winter known to mankind...well maybe not, but it certainly feels like it and I am more than ready for spring to be upon us. Bring on the sun, the flowers and for goodness sake bring on the pastels! While the weather may not be cooperating I for one will be rocking spring trends from here on out, maybe it'll kick mother nature into high gear and get us warm weather faster. The first trend I want to address is the infamous orange lipstick, while this may not be everyones cup of tea I am quite excited to try the bold lip color. Though I won't be forking over major dough for an orange lipstick I am more than happy to try out some drugstore alternatives!



The three lipsticks I choose are more beginner bolds, not quite 'in your face' orange but more subdued. The first lippie is Maybelline's Electric Orange and I must say this color is divine; it is a very wearable true orange and goes on sheer and glossy but can be built up to a more vibrant punch of color. Numero dos es Kate Moss for Rimmel London in the number 109; this matte lipstick looks more coral with a hint of orange and looks absolutely lovely with a tan. Last but certainly not least we have Maybelline's Vibrant Mandarin; I would say this is the unique color out of the three, it's not orange, pink or coral but a mix of all three and goes on bold and glossy. I can already tell that orange lips are soon to be favorites, I can't wait to rock these bold colors with a white winged liner and a flush of color on the cheeks. 


Bring on spring! 

xoxo
Haley 

No comments:

Post a Comment