Saturday, February 22, 2014

To New Beginnings

Hello, my name is Haley and this is my first ever blog and my first ever blog post. 
I envisioned this being something like the scene from Finding Nemo, when the sharks are having the fishaholics meeting. You know the one, "Hello, my name is Bruce...Hellloooo Bruce."  


I've contemplated the idea of a blog for years now but never had the nerve to start one, be it lack of confidence in myself, my writing, my ideas etc.  But now I have found myself in a sort of Limbo with a ton and a half of extra time on my hands. Let me be honest, taking a semester off from college has given me more time than I know what to do with. What do you mean I don't have to rush to class? I don't have a paper due?  Are you sure?  

While I've been enjoying this hiatus from school I have also been working at a makeup store, where I've discovered I have a love for beauty and making people feel beautiful. For years and years I've read beauty blogs and watched beauty gurus on YouTube but when I started actually doing makeup on other people, something sparked. It is truly a grand feeling to help people feel better about themselves; whether its recommending acne treatments, showing clients how to simply enhance their natural beauty or helping someone cover scars that previously made them feel ugly. It is a very rewarding feeling and lucky for me it usually ends in a celebratory hug and sometimes a fist pump! 

So with this blog I want to record my journey through the world of beauty; reviewing products, trying new looks and techniques and sharing tips and tricks I find along the way. So buckle up; this is going to be one beautiful ride!  




No comments:

Post a Comment