Friday, June 20, 2014

Wearing Shades of Blue


Does anyone else get into a neutral eyeshadow rut? While neutrals are beautiful and flattering they can be, dare I say, a bit boring from time to time. So I'm making a conscious effort to use more colors, starting with some beautiful blues. The largest pan in the above picture is Bobbi Brown Bluebell, the furthest shadow is Makeup Geek Sea Mist and the closest shadow is Makeup Geek Peacock. 


All of the shadows apply quite matte, making them extremely blendable and wearable. I know it looks like Sea Mist has some glitter in it, but when it's on the eye I swear there's no glitter. It's like magic, it just poofs away. I wanted to wear these three shadows together, so I blended them into a gradient effect starting with Bluebell into Sea Mist and then finally into Peacock. Here is the look I wore using these three shadows: 
I ended up really liking how it turned out, it was wearable and colorful without looking clownish. Hooray for more color! Hip-hip-hooray! 
I hope you lovely lads and lasses have a splendid day.  






10 comments:

  1. Love these shades, you really suit blue eyeshadow! I'm not sure I would suit it as much since I have dark hair x
    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sure blue shadows would look stunning with your dark hair!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous eyesadows and you are beautiful! I love your blog and I have started following you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo.

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you are far too kind! I will definitely be checking out your blog ASAP!

      Delete
  3. I can't apply blue on my skin , but it looks soo perfect on you beauty :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can, you can! Just apply it subtly, but thank you doll! :)

      Delete
  4. Wow this looks so gorgoues you pull off the blue so well!
    xx

    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blue shadows really suit you! I love the Bobbi Brown shadow it looks gorgeous! :-)

    www.makeupmountain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bobbi Brown shadows are super lovely! & thank you Chole :)

      Delete